Saturday, April 9, 2011

Balmain has strong shoulders

I have always been a fan of shoulder pads. Something about pointy shoulders makes people seem powerful. I was excited to find that they are back in style so I don't feel as crazy wearing my vintage inspired blazers and jackets. I have recently been on the hunt for a light pink blazer with shoulder pads after seeing this picture on tumblr.



Unfortunately I couldn't find one but I did came across the designer Balmain. Here is some of his 2011 collection.













He seems to love Shoulder pads and sequin as much as I do. It is to bad I don't have the money to buy...well anything from his collection. But a girl can dream right?


2 comments:

  1. I feel like you should be able to make this look happen, Mabel! Can you find a web tutorial or invent your own, to take a thrift store jacket and a couple pairs of shoulderpads and put together your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think making my own is the best way to go.I have tried to make clothes before to but my sewing leaves much to be desired lol. But I have made my own shorts and skirts out of old jeans. My mom is fantastic at sewing so I'll see if she can teach me this summer.

    ReplyDelete