Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Boots and Wool

 Is it Winter or is it Spring?




Spring is on its way but it seems no one alerted mother nature. The temperature is still quite cold and the air is just as dry as it was 2 months ago. I no longer have to wear my puffy winter coat, but I can't run around in a cardigan either. There is a simple solution to this problem.

During the last few weeks of winter, and this odd  weather transition, I like to revisit my fall wardrobe. I find that this is the easiest way to keep warm and still look cute. A few examples below.









You can simply wear brighter colors to transform a fall wardrobe into a pre-spring wardrobe.
Hope this helps.

6 comments:

  1. Great suggestions. Although, I just can't add color to my wardrobe, no matter what season it is. I love boots so much, that I bought I summer pair last summer in Italy. How do you feel about boots in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. This winter/spring weather is so confusing-the other day I saw people on the street wearing North Face jackets and winter boots, and others wearing dresses and light sweaters. I like your suggestion about incorporating brighter colors into your fall apparel to give your wardrobe a springy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great blog! Very insightful and great ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the comments on fashion. As a guy, I am pretty darn oblivious to this side of the world. Though you were able to break it down for a thick-headed male such as myself. If I could make one suggestion it would be to give a description of your photos. Since you are big into fashion maybe describe the certain pieces being worn in the images you post. Otherwise I love the tips and help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One branch of my family had a tradition that they would not wear jackets after March 21st, no matter what the weather. I assume the rationale was that they were showing the weather who the boss was, but while you can get away with that in Ohio, I'm not so sure I want to do that in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Donna you can always wear colored accessories if that's easier. I think boots can work in the summer I actually see a lot of girls wearing boots with skirts and shorts during the summer.

    @ D. Gordon the weather is so confusing right now. I feel like this is the easiest solution.

    @ Laura thank you : ) I'm still feeling it out. Blogging is a little hard for me because I never know what to write lol.

    @ Greg Thanks for the tips! I will work on that

    @ Adam that's interesting. I am always cold so I couldn't do that lol.

    ReplyDelete